Suhail Khan is connected to the Muslim Brotherhood (Ikhwan) through his mother Malika Khan.
Suhail Khan has described his mother as a willing and integral collaborator with his father’s life-long work, and independently she serves in a leadership position with the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), a widely recognized Muslim Brotherhood front group.
- In an address to the ISNA annual convention in September 2001 – shortly before 9/11 – Suhail Khan took evident pride in the leadership role his mother had played in a number of Muslim Brotherhood organizations:
She worked with her husband to establish organizations like the MSA, ISNA, CAIR, American Muslims for Global Peace and Justice.
- Addressing the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA) conference in 1999, Suhail Khan stated: “I have pledged my life’s work, inspired by my dear father’s shining legacy, and inspired further by my mother’s loving protection and support to work for the ummah.” “Ummah” is a term that conceptualizes all Muslims as living under one united polity with one united purpose, and is frequently used by Shariah-adherent Muslims to advocate for a revival of the Caliphate (Islamic Empire on earth).
- Malika Khan currently serves on the Executive Committee of the San Francisco Bay Area (SFBA) chapter of the Council on America Islamic Relations (CAIR), an organization the federal government has tied to Hamas and that was yet another unindicted co-conspirator in the trial of the Holy Land Foundation conspiracy.
- CAIR’s parent organization the Islamic Association for Palestine (IAP) is listed among the Muslim Brotherhood’s own “organizations and the organizations of our friends” in their Explanatory Memorandum (PDF, p.32).
- In January 2011 her CAIR chapter placed a poster on its website promoting an upcoming conference that encourages people not to talk to the Federal Bureau of Investigation. CAIR-National has since instructed the chapter to remove the poster, but the conference will go ahead as planned.
- In his January 2011 letter to the ACU board, Suhail Khan painted a benign picture of his “mother, who until her recent retirement, worked as a medical technologist at the Sisters of Mercy O’ Connor Hospital in Santa Clara, California…”
The Bottom Line:
Malika Khan is an active Board Member of the Executive Committee of CAIR-SFBA. The U.S. Department of Justice listed CAIR as an unindicted co-conspirator in the Holy Land Foundation terrorism funding trial – the largest of its kind in American history – which involved millions of dollars raised for the Muslim Brotherhood in “Palestine,” better known as Hamas. CAIR’s parent organization the Islamic Association for Palestine (IAP) is among the Muslim Brotherhood’s own list of “organizations and the organizations of our friends” in their Explanatory Memorandum. CAIR may be in violation of the Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA) for failing to report millions of dollars of donations from foreign sources. The FBI cut off all contacts with CAIR in 2008 amid mounting concern group’s roots in a Hamas-support network.